The SASMA Education Working Party plays an important role in setting the agenda and direction for SASMA. This working party reports to the SASMA Council. One Council member sits on the Education Working Party (EWP) as Chair (voted by Council). Mat Prior is the chair for 2023 and looks forward to working the the new 2023 SASMA EWP.
Mat is an APA-titled Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist with an extensive history of working in high-performance sport, most notably soccer; including working with Adelaide United FC, the Pararoos (Australian National Paralympic Soccer Team), and the Joeys (Australian Youth National Soccer Team). In addition, Mat works in private practice at Body Fit Physiotherapy in North Adelaide, and is a Lecturer/Clinical Teaching Specialist for the Masters of Physiotherapy program at Flinders University.
Each year the EWP is responsible for the annual Professional Members Education program for SASMA members. This planning occurs November each year and it is envisaged that there will be four Education events per year, including the annual Conference and three other education evenings. There are three other EWP meetings throughout the year.
This provides a great opportunity for members to bring their knowledge and ideas to influence SASMA’s educational agenda.
SASMA Office supports all operational logistical aspects of the function of the working party, and annual education program.
Opportunity to join the Education Working Party - EOI information
The SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) is building on the success of this year and recruiting to the EWP. We are seeking dynamic professional members to join the working party for 2024. This group will guide the development and strategic direction for the organisation. With a new generation of young professionals coming through, our experienced members, recent member engagement work and successful delivery of the 2023 Professional Conference and education program this is great timing to join us!
The Education Working Party leads the education agenda for the organisation, identifying topics of interest for members and assisting in the delivery of the Professional Members annual education program and provides input into the annual Conference and the wider community education program.
Join us! Complete the EOI form by December 8 to register your interest in becoming a member of the SASMA Education Working Party.
Benefits of being involved;
- Professional development
- Governance training
- Receive honorary registration for annual SASMA conference and standard/regular education events and a discounted rate for other larger events
- Networking with colleagues
- Grow your name
- Wellbeing benefits of volunteering and contributing
- Opportunity to be a potential SASMA Council member and to leadership roles
Overview of roles and responsibilities of the EWP include;
- Contribute to discussion and planning for the annual SASMA Professional Education Program (choosing the education topics)
- Organising speakers (Contact and confirm presenters for the event and assist with setting and adhering to the learning objectives)
- Have an understanding of the education topic
- Facilitation on the night (each member takes a turn either in pairs or solo, welcome participants, introduce speakers, acknowledge sponsors, support networking, assist with feedback survey or broader feedback to the office etc.)
- Actively assist with promotion of the event to colleagues/networks etc.
- Attendance at meetings (4)
- Attendance at Educations sessions (4)
- Assist with topic selection and support of the Professional members annual conference
- EWP Chair (SASMA Council) they are assigned the lead role and will be the connection between SASMA office staff, the SASMA Council and the Working Party, providing updates at Council meetings
- Review content of the Sports Trainer program and Community education program
- Follow SASMA policies and protocols at all times when representing SASMA
SASMA is the peak body for sports medicine in SA. We are a membership based not for profit organisation that provides sport, physical activity and recreation community with expert information, training and advice. Our focus is on supporting a safe sporting and active environment.
If you are a SASMA Medical or Allied Health Professional, please find the form below to express your interest in joining the Education Working Party in 2024.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
EWP ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
If you have any questions please contact the office on (08) 8234 6369 or via email at email@example.com.
SASMA Council Member