This free forum has been designed to provide everyone involved in all sports (Club and Association Committee Members, Coaches, Parents, Teachers, Athletes, Sports Trainers and First Aiders) with up to date information about concussion.
The Concussion Forum will cover:
- What is Concussion and how is it caused
- Can concussion be prevented? Do helmets actually help to prevent concussion?
- Who has the final say at trainings and game day regarding a player
- When can a player Return to School, Work, Training and Play
To assist with sufficient resources and provision of catering we are requesting those wishing to attend to RSVP either by emailing names of attendees to email@example.com or online at http://www.sasma.com.au/UpcomingEvents.aspx
The 2019 SASMA Conference, Will be held on Sunday 26th May at the Adelaide Oval.
Please take note of the following Registration Instructions:
1) Once you have selected your Registration Option click Next.
2) Fill in your details and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
3) On the next screen, if you are attending the conference in person you will need to select your preference of Afternoon Workshops you wish to attend (you will be able to select 2 of the 5 Afternoon Workshops to attend). If a session is booked out already they will not be available to be selected. Please do not select more than two options.
4) Once you have done this click Next.
5) On the next screen you will enter your payment details in the form of a credit card payment.
If you have any questions on the registration process please do not hesitate to contact the SASMA Office on 8234 6369
The course you are enrolling in has 2 components: an online theory component and a face to face component.
You will need to complete the online component including the theory assessment prior to attending the course.
Date: Sunday June 2, 2019
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Venue: Traeger Park, Speed Street, ALICE SPRINGS, NT
Cost: $299.00 per person
Each registrant must have their own unique email address
Date: June 17 2019
Time: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Venue: SASMA Office
Cost: Accredited Trainers $16.50
Non Accredited Trainers $33.00
Dates: Sunday 23rd June 2019
Sunday 28th of July 2019
Time: 8:45am - 5:00pm
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
Please note you will need to "Login" to register for this event as it is only available to those with a current Level 1 Sports Trainers Accreditation.
If you do not have a Username and Password you will need to register for the SASMA website (using your Accreditation Number on your Level 1 Sports Trainers Certificate).
If you have any issues with this please do not hesitate contact the SASMA Office on 08 8234 6369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Sunday June 16, 2019
This course is only open to students enrolled in the Masters of Physiotherapy program at UniSA under the supervision of Jenny Roberts.
This Level 2 Sports Trainers Course will be held on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at the University of South Australia.
Cost: $110 including GST
This cost includes 12 months Student Membership of SASMA allowing participants to attend all SASMA Members Education Sessions for free or at members' prices as well as the Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation for three years.
Dates: Saturday 23rd of November
Sunday 24th of November
Time: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Venue: SA Sports Medicine Association, Kidman Park